7.27.2007

A surprise in my fireplace

Ewww, Ewww, Ewwww! Here is what I found dead in our fireplace last night:

I am totally freaked out how this little guy got in there, my theories are A) He flew or fell down and has lived in there until he finally starved to death, but the fireplace is in our main living area and I haven't heard or seen anything in there until last night when I just happened to glance in and see two bird legs pointed straight at me. B) Some sort of Animal (Rat, Raccoon) found him outside and carried him in and discarded him, but the bird seemed to be intact and there was no other sign of another animal. It totally disgusts me to think that a rat or a raccoon might have access to the innards of our fireplace. Luckily for us our fireplace does have locking glass doors on the front to keep sparks inside and in this case, creatures. After the shock of having a dead animal in our house, I secretly felt that this bird deserved it. I really can't stand magpies they are mean, mean birds. We had a cute little birds nest in a tree next to our deck so we were able to see right into the nest-Oh, a magpie ended up chasing the momma bird away and then ate the cute little blue eggs for lunch. They are also very destructive, they have pecked at the cushion on our porch swing until there is only a few scraps of stuffing left. So, I hate to admit that I have no sympathy for this dead bird lying in our garbage can, I know, I am awful, I will probably have PETA knocking on my door any day now.

4 comments:

Than and Erica said...

Hey Carrie--I just read through your blog. I had no idea that you were so into photography. We'll have to get together sometime so you can teach me some of your tricks. I have just taken a photo class in highschool and just bought a book called understanding exposure to make it all come back to me. Anyway, you'll have to teach me sometime.

Rachel said...

I agree with you - Magpies are mean horrid birds. Death to all magpies! I'm writing this at midnight and can't think of anything else to say. Maybe something good will come to me tomorrow. :)

Anonymous said...

I h-a-t-e magpies, too. But I've never met anyone who despises them like my dear grandma...you should hear the choice words she has for those greedy, baby-eating fowl--it's kind of funny to hear an other-wise sweeter-than-sugar grandma ranting angrily about birds!

Ramsey said...

I hate dead animals! They freak me out. I would have made Cache clean it up. :)