2.27.2013

Eden's 11th

I can't let February pass me by without blogging about Eden's birthday. I can't believe she is 11!  She has gone from this.....



To this.....
She is kind, beautiful, friendly, spiritual, helpful, thoughtful, sweet, sensitive, and sometimes a little moody.  We are so glad she is in our family.  



For her birthday she really wanted a shellac light and some Sorel boots.  Lucky for her she got both! and a few other small items. 


We told her that because the items were a little more money than what we usually spend on birthdays she would not be able to have a birthday party with her friends this year. 
But...............We felt bad and arranged to have some friends over a few days later for a SIMPLE surprise get together.  
(I just went to find the pictures I took of the party, and can you believe I didn't take one Picture??)
Eden had been out with her grandma shopping for a present and when she came home, thinking that she had to babysit, her friends were waiting to surprise her.  Although, she didn't act as surprised as I thought she would. I expected screaming and yelling from excitement and all we got were a few smiles and a look of confusion. "so what? I don't have to babysit?" was all said.
They had pizza and cake and played a few rounds of bingo with some super lame prizes, but they loved it.  After the raging bingo game they watched Nacho Libre.  In the end I think it turned out to be a great birthday for my sweet Neenie!

Birthday festivities:
Breakfast: crepes
Lunch: Kneaders with Mom, Dad and Ainsley
after school she rushed off to gymnastics stayed there for 2 hours instead of 3. 
came home to her dinner of choice: Chicken Alfredo (which was cold because we had to eat before she got home from gymnastics because Cache had YM and Asher also had gymnastics)
dessert: cupcakes and a birthday song sung to her by me and Ainsley since we were the only ones home. (good thing we had that party because her birthday evening was a little sad)

2 comments:

Cache Man said...

What great pictures. I love those baby ones, how cute. Tons of memories.

Aly said...

Just getting caught up on your blog. Love it!!! And awesome post of Eden's birthday. We love that girl!