7.21.2009

Poor Peanut

Remember my post from last week when Finley smashed his head into the trampoline bar? I wrote that it was good that it wasn't Peanut because they would have had to sedate her. Well, poor little Peanut had her own accident exactly one week after Finley's, but Peanut wasn't as lucky to just get some super glue.




Peanut was attacked by my Uncle's German Shepherd. She was pretty brave getting her 9 stitches, there were just a few glass shattering screams until everything was numbed up. The good thing is is that they didn't have to sedate her :) I feel so bad for her though, it broke my heart to see her laying on the exam table with total fear in her eyes. I hate seeing that she is terrified of visiting my mom's house, who lives next door to my uncle, I hate seeing that she runs from the car into the house and won't even play outside. Most of all I HATE that dog (sorry Boyd). Does anyone have some advice on helping her get over her fear?

4 comments:

Than and Erica said...

Kill the dog. :) I would hate that dog, too, and I told my sisters that if their dogs ever did anything to my kids they would have to consider that. Seriously. Dogs just shouldn't bite people. Maybe that is harsh...oh well.

Sarah said...

Yikes! I would be more that ANGRY about that dog...It should be kept far far away from kids or not living!! Poor Peanut.

Rachel said...

Poor peanut. And even being a dog person I'm a little concerned that the dog is still around. Is anything being done about that? Shepherds are scary. I don't know how to help her be not afraid - you'd think I'd have some great child life thing she could do but I have nothing on dogs. Just the stitches, which it sounds like she did great with.

Julianne said...

Oh No~ If you remember Kyler got bit on the face by my brother-in-laws dog last october and he had 7 stiches in his cheek. However he was more traumatized that his uncle put the dog down right there. I am so sorry. It has taken Kyler until just now to even get close to a bigger dog. We just talked a lot about being safe around dogs and keeping your distance. He now is not afraid of little dogs, but it has taken 9 months to get to this point. I am so sorry! Poor girl. Poor mommy too! Kyler has a nice scar on his face too that is a constant reminder of the lovely incident.