1.23.2011

Sunday pics

Another project........................I am joining the ranks of a few fellow bloggers and am going to TRY (key word being TRY) to take a picture of my kids every Sunday. I am already seeing how quickly they change. It's making me sad. I hope they just stop growing.

I attended a "mothering mentoring panel" this week at our relief society activity night (or whatever it's called now). I got a few great ideas on raising kids' bucket, like filling my own bucket before filling my kids. Just like the airplane, you have to put your own air mask on before you put your kids' on. Now I just need to decide what will go in my bucket. So, along with this great advice I also got really scared, 3 out of the 5 moms talked about how their kids have gotten involved with drugs and alcohol, sending kids to wilderness treatment camps, getting calls from the police in the middle of the night, Marijuana at an LDS scout camp, SCARY! It is great to hear that every family isn't perfect and everyone has trials, but these stories were so hard for me to swallow. I feel extremely bad for these families, and now I know were to go for help and advice if such things happen in our family, but I am also SCARED. All I could think of all week was how I was going to protect my kids. My friend and I joked about creating bubbles and not letting our children out of those bubbles. We know that isn't possible, but I sure wish it was. The only conclusion I can come to is a lot of faith and a lot of prayer, which my not protect us from these tragedies but I know it will help us get through them.

So after saying all that (I usually try to stay away from too many words on my blog) here are my sweet, pure little children. I love them.



2 comments:

Diane said...

Carrie,
Great picture! I have friends, family, former roommates who have had some terrible time with children - but for each of those I know so many more who made it through without a scratch. Just do your best, and keep praying, and all work out as it should (D&C 90:24)

Jes said...

Love the picture!...I know it is so hard raising your kids because you want to protect them against everything and yet still want them to experience everything so they can be well rounded and make their own choices! Arrrrh....I am with you, we will just have to do our best and keep praying for them.