8.20.2008

1st grade

The picture above is blurry, it's not your eyes

Peanut started 1st grade yesterday. Tears were involved. Although they weren't her tears they were mine. I thought I would only cry when she went to Kindergarten, but no, I am losing her ALL DAY now. Again, I wondered if she is ready, does she know right from wrong, will the kids tease her, will she have someone to play with at recess, what if she gets hurt will the teacher give her a hug, will she know how to navigate through lunch? All these questions went through my mind yesterday, I watched the clock and at 2:50 I jumped in the car to go to the school to pick her up. I missed her, but she did great. She couldn't wait to go again. The only thing that was a problem was that I sent her with cold lunch and the school had changed pizza day from Friday to Tuesday and she missed out on her favorite food, she was bummed. Next Tuesday we will be sure to let her have school lunch.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Once again, love these pictures of her. She is so photogenic! How fun to practice on her. I love her pictures. You are such a cute mommy. I can't imagine what it will be like to send my boys to school. I'm sure it will be bitter sweet. I'm sure it will continue to get easier for you and her.

Marci said...

I can't believe Eden is already in 1st grade! wow!! What a great photographer you are btw. What camera do you have? My kids are going to school Sept 2nd. (I can't wait, but then really can) Maggie will go to k! I love the muffin meal idea. If only my muffin tins looked that good--I need an excuse to buy some new ones! Love reading your blog!

sophie said...

love her cute smiley eyes!