5.09.2011

Sunday#10


Mother's Day! What a fun day. Cache and the kids worked so hard to surprise me. I woke up in the morning to a tray of my favorite breakfast foods; Toast, Simply Orange Juice and Pillsbury Orange rolls. I was able to spend all morning taking my time to get ready for church without the hustle and bustle of ironing clothes, doing hair, preparing snacks. Cache took care of all that. Eden was a little upset that I wasn't allowed to do her hair, but she settled on a down 'do and she looked great. At church we had a small yucky moment when we found a tick on the back of Ainsley neck and I almost started freaking out. I haven't had to deal with ticks before, but everything I have heard is to smother them with Vaseline, which I didn't have at church (nope, I don't carry Vaseline in my purse). I went out into the foyer hoping someone would come out who knew what they were doing, and a one of my sweet friends came out and said I needed to get it out as quickly as possible before it dug in deeper and became more engorged. We found someone with tweezers 9which I thought was a big no, no) and I had an alcohol wipe in my Car emergency kit. She was able to pull it out and clean the site and all was good. After church Cache worked hard preparing my meal of choice of Sloppy Joes (don't laugh they're my favorite). It was such a relaxing day and I didn't do anything except enjoy the ones that make me a mom.

And as a treat Cache and the kids made my favorite dessert.

Chocolate Frosted Angel Food Cake.
I know you are going to want the recipe, because it is so yummy. And fairly Healthy (okay healthy might not be the right word-low in calories is better).

1 angel food cake (we like to make ours from the Betty crocker or Pillsbury mix)
1 tub cool whip (you can even use light cool whip)
Nestle Quick chocolate milk mix

Make Angel food cake according to package directions, be sure to use an angel food cake pan.
Mix cool whip and Nestle quick together and taste as you go for the desired flavor.
Either dollop on individual slices or frost onto entire cake.
YUMMM.



1 comment:

Ramsey said...

Sloppy Joes are one of my favorite meals too!!! That cake looks delicious by the way.